Infertility is not only a woman’s issue
What is Infertility?
When a woman is not able to achieve clinical pregnancy after 12 months or more of regular unprotected sexual intercourse then it may be referred to as infertility.
Individuals attempting parenthood are likely to be infertile
Cases where infertility is found in men.
Cases where infertility is found in women.
Cases where infertility can be in both the partners,male and female.
There is a 50:50 chance of male / female to have an infertility related issue.
Some of the Causes of Female Infertility
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Cervical Issues
- Damaged or Missing Fallopian Tubes
- Formation of Polyps and Fibroids in the Uterus
- Unexplained Infertility
Things to avoid
Delaying pregnancy beyond 35 years of age
Environmental and Occupational Factors
In Excess Use of Alcohol & Drugs
Sexually Transmitted Infections
Excess Body Weight
Symptoms of Female Infertility
- There may be no outward signs or symptoms
- Inability to conceive despite having unprotected sex for one year
- Abnormal periods, longer than 35 days or shorter than 21 days
- Bleeding heavier or lighter than usual
- Irregular periods. The number of days in between each period varies each month
- No periods. Never had a period, or periods suddenly stop
- Painful periods. Back pain, pelvic pain, and /or cramping
- Change in sex drive and desire
- Dark hair growth on the lips, chest & chin
Complete examination by a Gynecologist is recommended. In 50% of the cases the doctor may also recommend evaluation of male partner. The following lab based tests help in the diagnosis of female infertility:
This is assessed by monitoring the blood levels of Estrogen and Progesterone.
Two hormones produced by the pituitary gland namely FSH and LH are responsible for eggs produced by the ovaries (Ovulation). In addition, levels of Prolactin are measured to know that it is not being produced in excess and is not the cause of reduced production of eggs.
Elevated levels of Thyroid Releasing Hormone and low levels of Thyroxine can cause infertility.
Aspira is India’s first fully automated pathlab and diagnostic centre, that lets patients and customers interact with the process at every stage through its advanced IT System and Analytics. You can trust Aspira to provide accurate reports with faster turnaround time, that can help quick-start the doctor’s treatment.
We at Aspira, process each sample with utmost care. We offer full diagnostic services in the area of Andrology. Stringent quality control measures and CASA software working on barcoded samples ensures reliable results with complete traceability. Aspira’s integrated digital system enables you to track your sample and retrive reports from any connected device.