Hepatitis A & E
Hepatitis A is a highly contagious liver infection caused by hepatitis A virus (HAV).
The virus causes inflammation of liver and affects its ability to function.
Hepatitis E is a liver disease caused by the hepatitis E virus (HEV).
Healthy Guide to Avoid Hepatitis A & E this Monsoon
- Maintaining good hygiene and sanitation besides ensuring consumption of safe drinking water.
- If you are drenched in the rain, always take a shower and wash off all the bacteria from your body.
- Avoid street-food. As you are not sure about the hygiene of the place, it is always better to avoid outside food.
- Do no drinking alcohol! It not only has a negative impact on your already damaged liver but can also make you tired.
- Eat small, frequent meals for instant energy by following a healthy meal plan with a balanced diet.
- One should exercise regularly as it only gives you energy but also improves various functions in the body.
- drink only purified or boiled water. Avoid uncooked or unpeeled foods. These include fruit, vegetables, and shellfish, which are usually rinsed in water.