Liquid Base Cytology
- The mortality rate due to Cervical Cancer is at an all-time high in our country. Liquid-based Cytology screens you for any and all signs of Cervical Cancer and helps you to take early measures towards treating it. Here’s an age-wise bifurcation of the requirement of the test –
- If you are above the age of 21 years, this test is recommended regularly
- If you are above the age of 30 years and have had 3 tests in a row without any abnormalities, you can switch to testing every 2 to 3 years.
- If you are of the 65 -70 years and have had no abnormalities in the last 10 years of testing, you can stop testing.
- If you have had a Total Hysterectomy for non-cancerous causes, you do not require any screening.